Walk in the footsteps of Roman Emperors & throw your 3 coins in the Trevi fountain. Enjoy traditional Tuscan hospitality, art & architecture in Renaissance Florence. Then finish up by wandering the tiny streets of Venice.
|Italy including Rome, Vatican City, San Gimignano, Florence, Pisa & Venice.
|Travel Dates||Tours operate on selected departure dates from 07 April 2018 to 16 March 2019.
Below price based on lead in for departures from 07 to 21 April 2018
|From:||Now from R17 357*
*Includes 10% discount
|Product valid for sale until||29 January 2018
|Excluded||Airfare, taxes and anything not included in the inclusions|
|Duration||8 Days/7 Nights|
No Regrets Inclusions
· 6 World heritage sites visited
· See the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, Piazza Venezia, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon & Piazza Navona
· Watch how the locals make Italian style pizza
· Special access Rome sightseeing coach tour
· Locally guided tour of the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica & the art of the Vatican Museums
· See St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican City
· Learn about Florence’s leather craft with a demonstration
· Discover the Secrets of Michelangelo’s Florence – see where his David was gifted to the Florentines, Ponte Vecchio, the Medici Palace & much more on our locally guided walking tour of Florence
· Guided tour of a 16th century Tuscan winery while enjoying local Chianti & antipasto
· See the towers & town square in San Gimignano
· See the Leaning Tower of Pisa
· See the Roman Arena in Verona
· Private boat through the canals & islands of Venice
· See the Bridge of Sighs, the Doge’s Palace & St. Mark’s Square
· See Venice’s iconic canals & gondolas
Day 1 Arrive Rome
Check-in to your hotel, drop off your stuff, meet your Trip Manager and travel buddies at 4:00pm and head out into the streets of Italy to get a sneak peek at vibrant Rome. Stylish Rome oozes energy and overflows with relics from another age. Get into the thriving atmosphere of this living timeline as your Trip Manager shows you the Colosseum, the Pantheon, Piazza Venezia and Piazza Navona. Honour tradition at the Trevi Fountain and throw a coin in the fountain’s waters (it’s meant to improve your chances of returning to Rome!). Tonight will be one to remember. At a popular pizzeria, you’ll enjoy pizza as it was meant to be (with a thin crispy crust, fresh tomato and loaded with delicious mozzarella). Learn a thing or two about making them as you watch a professional piazzolo demonstrate how it’s done!
Day 2 Rome
This morning, make the most of our Local Guide’s inside knowledge and uncover the remains of an ancient empire with a fantastic optional tour of the Roman Forum and Colosseum. Then check-out the smallest country in the world and home to the Pope, the Vatican City. There’s included entry and our Local Guide to show you St Peter’s Basilica and Michelangelo’s masterpiece, the Sistine Chapel. Take off into the city and absorb the atmosphere, as Vespas flash past timeworn monuments that are surrounded by fountains, pizzerias, cafés and bars. In your free time, live the local lifestyle by indulging in a long lunch on a paved piazza or knock back a shot of espresso at the bar, like the Romans do. Before you hit the shops, let your Trip Manager point you in the right direction with some tips on the best buys. Tonight, hook up with your new friends and dive into Rome’s night action with your buddies and start your travels off with a night to remember.
Day 3 Rome to Florence
Cruise through rural Umbria and terraced vineyards to breathtaking Renaissance Florence. Jump start your time here uncovering this open-air museum. Our Local Guide gives you the inside track as the group learns about Florence’s cultural beginnings and explores streets crammed with artworks from masters like Michelangelo. Tonight, we eat in a humming local restaurant, right in the heart of Florence. After dinner, sit back and relax Tuscan style with a glass of Chianti wine.
Day 4 – Florence
The scene-stealing Duomo Cathedral rises above the city centre, which serves up frescoes, markets and priceless art. With a free day, you’ve got plenty of time to get a feel for Florence. Take a look into a skillful demonstration of Florentine leather making with the group and understand this region’s traditional art. Get inspired at the famous Uffizi Gallery and see paintings from the masters like da Vinci and Raphael. Wander along the pretty Ponte Vecchio for some boutique shopping or rummage through the city’s local markets. With bargains and bustle, they are a great place to hang out, so grab a gelato and enjoy this gorgeous city. Tonight, there’s an optional group dinner – an authentic Tuscan feast. Try regional dishes in the pretty Tuscan country setting and kick back Tuscan style with a glass of Chianti wine. Then with a night out and get your groove on at Florence’s biggest club.
Day 5 Florence
Today, we get out into the fantastic Tuscan countryside, known for its iconic cypress trees and delicious olive oil. Spend the morning in San Gimignano, the stunning hill-top town that is often dubbed “Medieval Manhattan”. Dotted with ancient towers, San Gimignano serves up sweeping views over the region’s rolling hills. Explore the village and pick up some local specialties like wild-boar salami or percorino cheese. Then, we stop off for our included wine tasting. In an historic villa, the group will see a working winery, complete with its old cellar and vats. Here you can learn more about the region’s wines as you taste a glass or two of the local wine.
Day 6 Florence to Venice
This morning, we stop by Pisa and get up close to the famous Leaning Tower! Then onwards to Verona, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Get Romantic in the city that was the setting for the most famous love story of all time – Rome and Juliet. Check out the main shopping street and the Roman arena. Dinner will be included before heading on to Venice.
Day 7 Venice
Known as the “floating city”, Venice is packed with character, crammed with hidden lanes and linked by a network of canals. The group travels on our private boat through the waters of the lagoon to visit the city’s historical heart. The limestone Bridge of Sighs, the Gothic arches of the Doge’s Palace and the expanse of St. Mark’s Square (pigeons and all!) show off Venice’s unique beauty and way of life. Take some time to explore the floating city and lose yourself in the backstreets. There’s an optional walking tour where you can discover the labyrinth of interweaving lanes, waterways, palaces, piazzi and markets with our Local Guide. You’ll see historic monuments, hidden treasures and the Rialto market – a local favourite for food shopping. Maybe grab a table on St. Mark’s Square and eat some delicious Italian food al fresco. Cap off the day with an optional gondola ride & share this amazing experience with your friends – seeing Venice from on the water is unforgettable!
Day 8 Depart Venice / Rome
The trip ends after breakfast in Venice and it’s time to say “arrivederci” to your new friends. Or if you prefer, catch a free transfer back to Rome where your trip ends when you arrive.
Terms and Conditions
1. Europe Summer Early Payment Offer – 10% off discount is only valid on trips 7 days or more departing March 2018 to April 2019
2. Offer is subject to availability and can be withdrawn at any time. Europe Summer EPD 1 2018 applies to new bookings only, made between 27 September 2017 & 29 January 2018.
3. A non-refundable deposit of R1000 per person, per trip is required within 7 days of booking (per standard deposit terms) and full payment is due on or before 29 January 2018.
4. Europe Summer EPD 1 2018 offer may be combined with regular brochure discounts if applicable but cannot be combined with any other promotional offer.
5. Discount applies to the land portion of the trip only.
6. Offer not valid on special departures and interest groups, selected cruises, festivals and short breaks, and pre and post accommodation.
7. Early Payment discounts are subject to availability and maybe withdrawn at any time without prior notification.
8. Contiki is exclusively for 18-35 year olds.